Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Ocean Buried.

The Ocean Buried it's a powerpop band from Toronto, Canada.
They sound pretty sweet. In Juno's words, they are "cute".
They have a list of influences that includes bands such as The Cab, Cobra Starship (actually, in their header banner pic one of the boys is wearing a Cobra hoodie), Mayday Parade, All Time Low, Boys Like Girls, Fall Out Boy and Panic at the disco. That explains why the first thing that came to my mind when I first listened them was " They sound like The Cab".
I been listeing to them the last 2 days and I still can't find something I can call a mistake, their songs are pretty well recorded, everything seems to be tuned correctly and, even when I'm always complaining about bands that sounds like other bands, I can't stop listening to them!! I like this band, and I can't find something I don't like in their songs; I actually feel like I'm listening a mainstream band. All I can say is: Good job boys! I hope you get signed by a good label; you deserve it.

http://www.myspace.com/theoceanburied

0 comments:

Post a Comment