Monday, December 22, 2008

Nugget.

Nugget it's a punk/rock band from Greensboro, North Carolina.
They say their biggest influence is Blink 182, and you can see (actually, hear) they sound a bit like Blink's old stuff, m+m's and those songs.
Mmm, probably all I can say about them is... uhm.
I mean, they are cool, but nothing special, nothing fresh, nothing new. I really liked their music, it's the kind of music I grew up with, but it's still the same punk music of the last 15 years.
I think I'm gonna start using this phrase, it's actually the title of a Cobra Starship song: "Punk pop is soooo '05" it's ok, it's still a very popular genre, but it needs a reinvention, a fresh touch, and if a band makes this awesome gift to the music (succesfully) it'll be totally wonderful, not just for punk but for them.
Anyway, this band's cool.


http://www.myspace.com/nuggetnc

0 comments:

Post a Comment